CCT logoCar with driver and elderly passenger


Volunteers needed sign

We cannot function without volunteer drivers. Can you help us?

If you have a car and some weekday free time, we would love to hear from you, whether you can regularly spare a whole or only part of a day.

Whether you are between jobs, recently retired or just have a morning or afternoon to spare once a week - whatever your reason - volunteering is rewarding. You do something incredibly useful so you feel great about yourself, and you meet and interact with new groups of people you might otherwise never have met!

We are always keen to recruit new volunteers, including office staff, event assistants and particularly regular or ad-hoc car or minibus drivers.

Volunteer drivers using their own car will be paid 40p per mile expenses by us for your total travel from your home. This is not taxable, and should not affect your car insurance.

In addition to car drivers using their own vehicles, we also need volunteer minibus drivers. No previous experience of driving a minibus is necessary. For most of our minibuses, you need to have category D1 on your licence. This was granted automatically if you passed your car driving test before 1997, but you may no longer have this if you have converted to a plastic driving licence. Since the start of 1997, it has required an additional test. You will be given training on the vehicle and in the use of the tail-lift. You will also need to have a current DBS (previously 'CRB') certificate - we can arrange this if you don't have one.

To volunteer for any role, please complete the form below:

If volunteering as a car driver,


*I wish to volunteer as:

* = mandatory field

CaptchaThis is necessary to defeat spam hackers.